RFI

[RFI] Helping Neighbors 101 - A True Story

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Helping Neighbors 101 - A True Story
From: WD8ARZ" <WD8ARZ@IX.NETCOM.COM (WD8ARZ)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:10:28 -0400
Due to the current nature of the messages on this reflector about Rfi and
helping neighbors, maybe it is time for the sharing of an interesting story
a friend of mine told me about that happened in a southern state.

Seems a friend of hers was thinking about getting out of ham radio, when she
asked why, he bemoaned about the technical void of the general public, and
how tired he was of being blamed for issues he had no control over. Many
were Rfi issues, but some were starting to do in the Elmer in him. Seems
that the less some know about something, the stronger the opinion..... and
there are a lot of strong opinions out there by those that think "we' are
invading their privacy. Not just public individuals, but also law
enforcement!
Some even threatened him physically, and antenna cables had been cut.

So before you educate others about how their wireless activities are really
radio activities, make sure they don't know where you live.... hi hi

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ
wd8arz@ix.netcom.com