RFI

[RFI] 2001 Ford fuel pump noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 2001 Ford fuel pump noise
From: k3air@arrl.net (Mike Lazaroff K3AIR)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 21:09:46 -0700
Let me add a little to this.  I have a 1990 Taurus wagon.  I run a Yaesu
FT-900 HF mobile and a screwdriver antenna.  When I installed the rig, I
bonded the hood to the firewall, the front fenders to the firewall, the
engine block to the firewall, the exhaust to the frame, and the doors to the
body.  There is very little noise most of the time, and what there is the
rig's noise blanker takes out.  I've had very good luck with HF from this
car compared to others I've owned.  Unfortunately, the car is getting to the
point mileage-wise where I will likely have to replace it in the next year
or so and I sure don't look forward to paying the ridiculous prices that
cars go for now (along with being ripped-off every time I buy gas).

73, Mike K3AIR