RFI

Re: [RFI] Sources For RFI Suppression Ferrites

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Sources For RFI Suppression Ferrites
From: "Jim Brown" <jimbrown.enteract@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:21:31 -0600
There is excellent technical data available as a pdf download from
Fair-Rite, one of the major mfrs.  The catalog includes some
information that is almost tutorial in nature, as well as a lot of data
(including R, L, Z plots vs freq) on their products.

I see a few of the smaller Fair-Rite products (mostly beads to fit over
small wires) listed in places like Allied, Newark, and Digi-Key.  I've
been doing some research on the effectiveness of various ferrites for
cleaning AM BC and HF out of audio systems. I'm not far enough along
with it to have any definitive results, but I'm hoping to come up with
specific recommendations for various frequency ranges. You've got to
buy a lot of pieces to deal directly with these mfrs -- if you aren't
an OEM, forget it.  Once I've gotten this far, I think I can get a
certain mfr of quality audio parts to make a quantity buy of the most
useful parts.

I would also be interested in the experience of others, as well as any
other good publications on the topic.

Jim Brown K9YC
http://audiosystemsgroup.com