RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI to intercom

To: giw@bellsouth.net, RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI to intercom
From: "Missouri Guy, N0TT" <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:05:46 +0000
Van,

Temporarily disconnecting cables to a few of the stations may
help isolate some cables that could be resonant to 20m.

I would suggest bypassing the speaker leads right where they enter
the chassis with some 0.01mfd disk capacitors.  Also, check to be sure
that
the intercom cables to the various stations are of twisted pair, not
parallel
wiring.

Single-point grounding is also important....I don't know the layout of
the
MC 602, but assuming that it uses a metal chassis/case, you might
try grounding the chassis/case if it isn't already grounded.

Try the easy stuff first...go from there.

73,
Charlie
N0TT