RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI to intercom.. & haunted houses

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI to intercom.. & haunted houses
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:02:06 -0500
my next door neighbor called me last year. He called to let me know that my NEW tower was causing him a problem....

He came home from dinner out & seems that his baby sitter was terrified as his house was haunted... voices ...all garbled were coming out of all the walls in this house!!!!! He called the builder ( another neighbor) ...who promptly advised him to call me !!!
I explained that it was not the NEW tower, and that the prior resident of the home had the same problem with the NuTone intercom. I called NuTone , talked with a tech, and was sent a manual for the intercom, which I copied and gave to my neighbor.. It says on page 2... something like "" it is not the fault of the airplane , taxicab, squad car or amateur radio station... it's in the design !!!"" and precedes to suggest calling a technician put "filters" in the system. ... My neighbor, a really nice guy did as his predecessor...
he turned the intercom off.

Maybe NuTone makes a nice range hood, or bathroom fan...
   but their intercoms are not designed to eliminate the airplanes or me.

Bill