RFI

Re: [RFI] Wired vs Wireless Routers for RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wired vs Wireless Routers for RFI
From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:34:54 -0800
Can someone share with me the expected birdie frequencies for these
routers?  I use a Netgear wired router and a Netgear wireless router
and I've never noticed any birdies from either of them.  The only
birdies I see on 20m are 60KHz apart and apparently coming from
another house since I can DF them with my yagi and eliminate them by
orienting my yagi in the appropriate direction.  What typical
residential devices would generate birdies at 60Khz intervals?  It
sounds like a typical switching power supply, but for what?  A PC?