RFI

[RFI] RFI from a neighbor

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RFI from a neighbor
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:48:36 -0500
There's a neighbor that has something active which generates RFI in
the car radio whenever I drive past their house. It's enough to be
louder than 880 AM out of New York City which is a really strong
station at the end of Long Island Sound. On my car radio it ranges
100 feet either side of their house (Not sure which house it is as
there are several on both sides of the street that it could be).

I've noticed the exact same sound when driving by a particular house
in a heavily wooded area so it would only be coming from that house.

This sound is pulsed about 4 times a second & digital in character.

My complaint is it's easily heard at the low end of 160 meters and
bothers my reception from 500-600 feet away.

Is there a series of RFI sounds on a web page that I seem to recall
being made available so as to ID common sources of rfi? I don't know
any of the people in the houses this RFI is coming from but if it's
something I can pinpoint I at least have a place to start.

Thanks,

Gary
KA1J