RFI

Re: [RFI] So-Called Utility "Smart Meters"

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] So-Called Utility "Smart Meters"
From: "rrath" <rrath@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:41:32 -0700
Question on these meters. We have one of the old
type meters and was planning to upgrade our power
panel to a 200 amp box. All the companies that came
and gave us a bid said, "your electric bill will go up
because these meters are setup to read a small LED
from your tv being off; but the old type is not that
sensitive." They also said "that they could stay in their
truck and read your meter from the road, even if the
meter is on the back side of your home."

Your comments please.
Rod kc7vqr