RFI

[RFI] RF Feedback - FL7000 AMP

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RF Feedback - FL7000 AMP
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 03:51:29 -0400
All,

I have what seems to be a unique situation with a Yaesu FL7000 solid state
amplifier. The protection circuit trips for no reason in SSB mode, but works
fine on CW and digital modes.

The protection circuit is supposed to trip when SWR is high and that is not
the case with my setup. Again, it works fine and keys to full output in CW /
FSK modes.

I was told that it could be a microphone RF feedback problem, but before I
clamp on a bunch of torrid on the Heil mic cable, I was wondering if anyone
had this problem and what it took to fix it.

Thanks,

Tony -K2MO