RFI

Re: [RFI] Working with the Power Company (was: Privileged treatment)

To: rfi@contesting.com, garnerj@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] Working with the Power Company (was: Privileged treatment)
From: "Jon D. Garner" <garnerj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:22:45 -0500
Oh and BTW;
I hade been a lurking obverver for 2 yrs here so...
all the helpful suggestions had already been fallowed long ago.

Had meant to provide an exact description as what has alread been done.
then ask for contacts with-in FP&L.
None have been forthcomeing.

It really appears that the only way to move forward now is to tackle the
phone-trees again.

Pain, frustration and wasted time here I come.

someone wrote:
1.  Narrowed it down to a single pole, and took down the pole number.
2.  Called the guy and gave him the information, asking if it was OK to
short-circuit the system.
3.  Went out with him and demonstrated the noise was indeed coming from
that pole.
4.  Stayed out there while they worked, meanwhile chatting with the
engineer.
5.  Thanked them profusely when things were fixed.

done did done did.

All the correct and precise information I attempted to pass thru ther 800
number.

Only to be sent someone who wasn't equiped to deal with all the problem
wasn't knowledgable.

.
A short description of the phone-tree system at FP&L as told by a employee.

Bauble and trinkets and awards parties are held each week for the person who
prscesses
the largest number of calls the previous week.  There is no incentive to
get the usefull information from the customer only to be quick.
Admonishments are handed out for answering too many questions,
or takeing too much time.
Some are just literate. And some he really though were dumb as bricks.
When said employee tried to point out the importance of getting all the
information
at one training session he was overruled by upper management.

This here illustrates just why it's often very hard to get RFI resolved.