RFI

[RFI] Garage door openers

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Garage door openers
From: Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:00:43 -0500
It's possible an intermittent local noise problem may turn out to be related to
their garage door(s) opener(s). What part of the opener might be the problem?
How/what might could be done to fix it?

The house is currently empty, but renters will be moving in by next week.
The owner is working with me, but we have previously been unable to find the
problem.

The noise had been silent the last week, but started back up last night. I
called him and ask if he had been at the house and if so what had he done
different. He said he had just been there and opened the garage doors to remove
his work trailer and then closed it back up.

To add another weird aspect of the problem. When it's noisy, it's only 2 times
day. (with no one even at the house) First for about an hour some time between
12 noon and 2pm. Then again for 2-3 hours starting about 7pm lasting til about
9:30.

Again I think we have isolated it to the garage door openers.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
--
GB & 73
K5OAI