RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from new Hi-efficiency furnace?

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from new Hi-efficiency furnace?
From: "Pawlak, Dan L." <Daniel.Pawlak@gd-ais.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:14:23 -0400
Mel,
        I have a Trane (installed 2 years ago) and have had some RFI problems
with it. I haven't been active for awhile so I don't remember which bands were
affected the most. However, I complained to the installer and the manufacturer
provided a filter which he installed. I think it was connected to the box that
controls the combustion air blower (or whatever it is called). It mitigated the
noise somewhat, but not completely. I was planning on adding some ferrite
myself, but haven't gotten around to it. If you need more information on this
furnace and the filter, I can dig it out for you.

Dan  Kf4kkf

"Let every man be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath..."