RFI

Re: [RFI] New to list...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] New to list...
From: Dave Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 20:39:59 -0700
Hi,

Thanks for the info!  I purchased a nice little SW rig tonight, with
the extendo antenna...  I needed a portable SW rig anyway, and it does
SSB to boot.  Anyway, I hear not a thing below about 6.5 MHz...
Whatever this is it is very odd...  On most of the time, See graph on
web page of S meter vs signal strength, and very very broadband, just a
spray of RF sitting at S9 or better...

Would you expect that the vertical would re-radiate the signal?  When
I get near the vertical with the portable, the level goes way up.  If I
short the connector at the base of the antenna it goes away.  I know it
is not anything I have going, I killed power to the house, and it keeps
right on...  It has totally destroyed my 40 Meter DX every
morning...  I can't even hear the JAs.  USed to be able to work the VK
too...

Dave
NK7Z