RFI

Re: [RFI] wide band noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] wide band noise
From: "George" <ve3yv@pathcom.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:38:35 -0500
Bob - call the hospital switchboard and ask to speak with the director of
engineering.  He/she is the person that worries about electrical problems
(and probably also renews the licenses for the hospital RF -based systems)
in addition to all of the other physical plant systems.  They're usually
very nice people to deal with if approached in a positive,
non-confrontational manner, explaining your observations and your
speculation as to what the cause may be. They should be receptive as after
all, their job is to make sure that all systems are safe and operational -
noise is often a precursor to failure and interference potential to other
sensitive medical equipment (why cell phones, etc aren't allowed).  They are
also very busy, so offering to meet at a time convenient to them and help
sniff the problem out may be welcome.  As it might be an elevator, they
probably have an external party maintaining them, so it could require them
to do some coordination.  Whatever, don't decide to visit the hospital and
investigate on your own.  Also, citing interference with ham radio as why
you're concerned when they're in a life saving environment isn't going to be
very effective either.

GL

73,  George  VE3YV / K8HI