RFI

Re: [RFI] LED Bulbs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED Bulbs
From: CR <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:15:21 -0500
The FCC has recently moved against other-than-RF sources.

http://www.commlawblog.com/2013/10/articles/enforcement-activities-fines-f/bulbs-behind-bars-ii-fcc-goes-after-hair-salon-lighting-fixture/

http://www.commlawblog.com/2014/02/articles/enforcement-activities-fines-f/bulbs-behind-bars-iii-more-lighting-fixtures-mess-up-mobile-data-service/

http://www.commlawblog.com/2011/05/articles/enforcement-activities-fines-f/fcc-settles-for-big-bucks-over-audio-gear-wait-audio/

Also interesting old news (SMPS problem): http://www.duanemorris.com/alerts/static/A_Tele050304.pdf

Looking around I find the problem of RFI from VFD's has been known as long as they have been around. Luckily, filters are sold specifically for this applicaton. See for example
http://www.transcoil.com/Products/KRF.htm

Now back to LED's

Cortland
KA5S