RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: "Dale J." <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:49:54 -0500
Once when I had access to the TV, I tried one of those outlet strips with
filtering and it made no difference.  I would have liked to spend a couple
hours troubleshooting his house, but I felt too much like imposing on them.  I
kind of have the same feeling about the stuff radiating over the power line and
the cable TV coax.  Again it takes time to work around this by disconnecting
and checking etc.  It would be ideal if just me and Steve the household head
were there alone and had the time I'm sure he wouldn't mind, but the whole
family is around when they aren't working, so it's not easy.  I would like to
try a better line filter on the TV.  I don't have a lot of confidence in that
outlet strip filtering.  And of course no cobbled up thing hanging off their TV
is acceptable, it would have to be very professional, like in a NEMA box with
the proper grounded outlets etc.  I wouldn't want to have a fire started with
something unsafe.  All these things have to be considered whe
 n working with someone else's house and equipment.

73
Dale, k9vuj