RFI

Re: [RFI] Non-RF sensitive hardwired smoke/fire alarms?

To: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>, k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] Non-RF sensitive hardwired smoke/fire alarms?
From: WD8ARZ <wd8arz@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:59:41 -0400
Will never forget an experience I had while living in a studio hotel apartment while house hunting after a new job relocation.

Didnt take long when I was missing ham radio, so I strung a thin random wire out the hotel window through some trees. You know, just for listening ... wasnt too many days and I was wondering if I could load up on that wire and have some qso's on hf. While tuning up, the hotel fire alarm system went off in the room next to mine ...... wasnt any doubt in my mind as to why. Quickly pulled the wire in and put it and the ham rig under the bed .... fire department came and went puzzled about the false alarm.

Sorry about that!

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ