RFI

Re: [RFI] [Bulk] Re: Electric Fence pulsing (will get worse soon !)

To: "rfi@contesting.com List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] [Bulk] Re: Electric Fence pulsing (will get worse soon !)
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:43:31 -0500
AM broadcast radio is a poor choice for hunting power line noise.  Best is to
use your yagi antenna at the home station, put it on 10 meters and get a
general heading where the noise is then get on you bicycle with the air band AM
talki and go in the general direction.  It won't be very far, walking is
better.  With the air band radio you will hear it when very close and can
narrow the field down to a pole or two and that will be close enough when you
report to the power company.  It helps to be there when they arrive and give
them a hand.  I've found the power company noise tech to be friendly and very
helpful in resolving noise issues around my area.  He's got the full range of
gear and knows how to use it.  Plus, he's a lineman first and knows how to
climb poles and work on HV lines.

GL

Dale, k9vuj