RFI

Re: [RFI] RF quiet HVAC

To: Mel Crichton <kj9c@iquest.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF quiet HVAC
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 18:25:07 -0600
Same here with the Carrier top of the line high if gas furnace, 58MVP060,
August 2000 and not a RF peep from it.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 01, Dec 2015, at 17:58, Mel Crichton <kj9c@iquest.net> wrote:

We installed a 96% efficient Carrier gas furnace a few years back, not a bit of
RFI.   Bryant is a subsidiary of Carrier so i would expect similar results with
Bryant

I have no first hand experience with Trane but have seen complaints on this
reflector.... as an HVAC engineer I have used both in large industrial
applications, but residential is a different story...

A cheap hand held short wave receiver would be good for testing RFI at the big
box appliance stores.... be sure they put the unit in actual operating mode, as
the "showroom" mode does not use motors, just lights....

I wish I had taken the time to pre-test that @#$%^& Samsung refrigerator
instead of telling the XYL to buy what she wants....

Mel KJ9C