RFI

Re: [RFI] Any info on inverter or linear compressor refrigerators?

To: JW <jwin95@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Any info on inverter or linear compressor refrigerators?
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 09:00:40 -0800
On 13 Feb 2017 at 15:32, JW wrote:

> Minor correction:
>
> The new ham band at 630 meters is slated to be 472 to 479 kHz.
>
> I am presently a Part 5 experimental licensee (WH2XQC) for this band.
>
> At the time the new 630m band opens, an allocation for 135.7 to 137.8 kHz
> (2,200 meters) is also quite likely to be part of the FCC's rule making, as
> comments and feedback have also been received on this proposal as well.
>
> de Jim WB5WPA

Yes. Thanks for the correction.

FYI, I have been heavily involved in "resurrecting" the old 600 meter band for
at least that
last 20 years. And I am one of those who are included in the experimental
license WD2XSH.

I am number 24.

In fact, I began, support, and run the 600 Meter Research Group reflector at
600MRG@w7ekb.com

To me, 450 kHz is the "center" of the old 600 meter band. Perhaps my last post
was
"spoken" half in jest, but the idea should have been clear: our LG washing
machine causes
significant interference in the old 600 meter band.

vy 73,

Ken W7EKB

---