RFI

Re: [RFI] toyota Rav4 Hybrid

Subject: Re: [RFI] toyota Rav4 Hybrid
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 08:48:22 -0700
"No hybrid, but a 2014 RAV4 and it is the quietest RFI free vehicle that I have ever owned."

The problems with the hybrids, at least many in the past, has been the exact opposite. I could hear a Prius without ever seeing one, up to 1/4 mile away. The newer ones may be quieter, and non-hybrid, irrelevant.

I suggest taking same radios with you, and sniffing around. I bring in a mixture of LF, MF, HF, VHF, and UHF, and poke around each vehicle when running, with each radio, across many, many hundreds of MHz, before taking into consideration.

I have a new (to me) device that converts energy from DC to 12 GHz, and converts to audio, to sniff around with.

Kurt