RFI

Re: [RFI] compact fluorescent bulbs

To: Charles Coldwell <coldwell@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] compact fluorescent bulbs
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:45:23 +0000
The base of LED lights contain a SMPS.  Some are good, many are bad for
RFI.  I have LED 'bulbs' in our four pendant lights in the kitchen.  They
are clean, even up close.  BUT,........they come from a reputable supplier
and not some 'bargain basement' distibutor from China.

Dave - WØLEV

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 10:03 AM Charles Coldwell <coldwell@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I bought a pair of compact fluorescent bulbs at a big box retailer (*)
> and when I opened the box, a slip of paper with this note on it fell
> out:
>
> "This device complies with Part 18 of the FCC Rules. If interference
> occurs move this product away from the device or plug into a different
> outlet. This product may cause interference to radio equipment and
> should not be installed near maritime safety communications equipment
> or other critical navigation or communication equipment operating
> between 0.45-30 MHz. Any changes or modifications not expressly
> approved by the manufacturer could void the user's authority to
> operate the equipment. Feit Electric Company, 4901 Gregg Road, Pico
> Rivera, California 90660 www.Feit.com."
>
> These I bought for a garage door opener (**), and in the directions
> for the opener it says
>
> "STEP 6 Install the Light Bulbs .... NOTE: Do not use halogen, short
> neck, or specialty light bulbs as these may overheat the end panel or
> light socket. Do not use LED bulbs as they may reduce the range or
> performance of your remote controls."
>
> Light bulbs!
>
> (*)
> https://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoSmart-75-Watt-Equivalent-A19-Spiral-CFL-Light-Bulb-Daylight-2-Pack-ESL18TM-5K-2-ESM/206135445