RFI

Re: [RFI] New Astron Switching PS RFI?

To: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New Astron Switching PS RFI?
From: Bob Turner <n2scj-lists@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 21:33:49 +0000
I had the SS-30 (no meters) in the '90s.   No formal testing, just
observations.   It was RF quiet, I mostly used it on VHF but at least once on
HF.  It had a regulation problem if RF was in the shack, such as a nearby 2m
mag mount in a hotel room on a marginal ground plane.  The RF/regulation
problem went away when I bolted my 2m rig bracket to the top of the PS case.

The PS lasted about 15-20 years.  There was no collateral damage to my rig when
it died.

7 3    Bob
N2SCJ