RFI

Re: [RFI] Rheem HVAC RFI Link to document

To: Karin Johnson <karinann@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Rheem HVAC RFI Link to document
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 23:25:13 +0000
Excellent documentation!  I have found that 'fuzzy' traces don't always
communicate what you are attempting.  I use the max hold function to better
display the magnitude of the interference between powered but off and
everything on.

Also, with your zero-span captures.  What do the tynes represent?  Possibly
run a relatively narrow span like 1 MHz or 0.5 MHz and a narrow RBW to
bring out the 6 kHz tyne spacing from the switcher.  To the supplier, that
would nail the switcher as the problem.

Dave - WØLEV

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 5:49 PM Karin Johnson <karinann@tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:

> Hello again group:
>
> I created a power point document outlining some of the measurements
>
> I've taken with regard to the RFI source from the new Rheem HVAC heat
>
> pump system recently installed.
>
> I've been accumulating as much documentation as I can via internet sites.
>
> Some of the user manuals are available, but the important ones regarding
>
> the Power inverter drive user manual and the communication baud rate from
>
> the ECONET thermostat are not available.  I will continue to look.
>
> I am doing this work now with regard to information gathering so that I can
>
> address this issue with the installer to help me look at solutions without
>
> voiding any warranty should I take off mechanical coverings on the unit
> without their help.
>

> Here is a link to the document at Google Drive.
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FYIZseDnlsM8UMfnAGhPUjJ7aPMJ2xCT/view?usp=s
> haring
>

> I've allowed anyone to view this.  It should work.  If it doesn't let me
>
> Know via this forum and I will see if I set the permissions incorrectly.
>

> Karin Anne Johnson  P.E.  K3UU
>
> Palm Harbor, FL

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*