RFI

Re: [RFI] pleasant surprise today from Solar Edge

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] pleasant surprise today from Solar Edge
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 00:52:38 -0400
James:

Solar Edge used the same suppression techniques on my neighbors installation and it only reduced the noise from S-9 +15 db to S-9 which is still very high.

I suspect that the suppression would be more effective on installations that emit lower-levels of RFI so it would be interesting to know how strong the noise was prior to the suppression being installed and what the results were afterward.

The distance from your antenna to the solar panels is another factor so it would be helpful to know that as well.

Congratulations.

Tony -K2MO