RFI

Re: [RFI] Info needed

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Info needed
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 11:11:30 -0700
Yes, but he wants something that doesn't work. I could fill my gas tank with water, but it wouldn' get me very far!

The only bead that WORKS at HF with no turns is Fair-Rite #73, and the largest size just fits on RG142. It's the one that Walt Maxwell used in his very good paper way back when. And to do anything useful, he showed that you need 100 of them to make a dent, the largest number used several chokes he published. Sadly, the only ones ever sold following his idea were for the the smallest number of beads, and they were BADLY under-rated for power or to kill noise, because there weren't nearly enough of them.

73, Jim K9YC