[RTTY] SO2R radios

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SO2R radios
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:52:51 -0500
>Do you set one up for one set of bands and the other for
>the rest or what?  I stuck up a milti-band antenna I could use on
>one radio or I could just put the 160, 80, 40 on one and the 20,
>15 10 on the other.

 I use Top Ten units here ... similar to W2UP's setup.

>Or is there a better way to split up the bands/radio's?

Before I went with the autoswitching, this is what I used:

RIG A    160 40 15
RIG B      80 20 10

The above would be much more useful to you, and you can
add a simple dipole perhaps to supplement your present
antenna options there. Any antenna, as a rule, is better than
NO antenna ...

> Also, what works better, stubs or filters?

Each rig here has it's own Dunestar 600 AND for the lower bands,
stubs have been added. The weak link here is the use of the tribander
stacks. With monobanders I would suspect the "crud" would be less.

Stubs as a rule are cheaper to make and easier to use, IF you are
using band dedicated antennas (say a 20m dipole), when you go
with multiband antennas, then the switching needs some thought.

73 Billy AA4NU