[RTTY] A small query about the Cabrillo for JARTS

To: rtty list <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] A small query about the Cabrillo for JARTS
From: Phil Cooper <Phil.Cooper@cwgg.cwplc.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:15:26 +0100
Hi all,

Like the rest of you, I also manually "edited" the Cabrillo file from WT4I
for JARTS, but I am puzzled about what to enter in the ARRL-SECTION.
I see the sample on the JARTS website shows AS for JH1BIH.
Does that mean I need to enter EU?
Normal Cabrillo would require me to enter DX, as the only other choices are
US States, but I guess EU is what they need?

I have not yet submitted my log, but will do so this evening.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else notice that the WT4I tools assume
UA9KG/1 is classed as Asiatic Russia? I only noted that my claimed score
from WT4I tools was different, by one point for each of the two bands I
worked him on.
Just to test the theory, I changed his call to UA1KG, and it scored the same
as Writelog.

Lastly, there has been a lot of comment on the "odd" Cabrillo format for
JARTS, but do remember that after CQWW, we also had to edit the Category!

Cheers for now
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Cable and Wireless Guernsey.

Information held on any of Cable and Wireless Guernseys'
computer systems is the property of Cable and Wireless Guernsey.
Cable and Wireless Guernsey reserves the right to monitor
and review the content of all information, messages and
attachments sent to or from this e-mail address.