Re: [RTTY] A small query about the Cabrillo for JARTS

To: RTTY Contest <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] A small query about the Cabrillo for JARTS
From: Waldemar DK3VN <dk3vn@nexgo.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:28:00 +0200
Phil Cooper wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Like the rest of you, I also manually "edited" the Cabrillo file from WT4I
> for JARTS, but I am puzzled about what to enter in the ARRL-SECTION.
> I see the sample on the JARTS website shows AS for JH1BIH.
> Does that mean I need to enter EU?
> Normal Cabrillo would require me to enter DX, as the only other choices are
> US States, but I guess EU is what they need?
> ..

Hi Phil and the Gang,

you said ".. need to enter EU?"

out of the JARTS Cabrillo explanations at
  http://www.edsoftz.com/JARTS/2003/cabrillo.html

  ARRL-SECTION: Your continent.
  AF(Africa), AS(Asia), EU(Europe), OC(Oceania), NA(North America),
    SA(South America).

You said "Normal Cabrillo would require me to enter DX"

Initial the "Normal" Cabrillo log format was created for all the
ARRL contests only! Meanwhile more and more other contest sponsors
took over this log format for their contests and have created their
own extensions and changes to it. Some do it this way, some ...

As long as the contest sponsors are presenting an explanation and
a few templates on the Web and I can understand, what they want
from me, I don't have any problem with it.

Have fun .. ~:)

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL  on http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch