RE: [RTTY] W1AW/90 RTTY and LoTW

To: "Richard Kriss" <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>,"rtty-contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] W1AW/90 RTTY and LoTW
From: "Ford, Steve, WB8IMY" <sford@arrl.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:33:06 -0400
I understand, Dick. I'm just like you--in the age of the Internet I expect my
contacts to appear in on-line logs ASAP.  :-)

When I worked 3B9C on phone, the contact appeared in their on-line log within
24 hours. I still haven't been at the right place at the right time to work
them on a digital mode, but I'm still trying.

Joe Carcia, the W1AW station manager, will be uploading to LoTW every 2 weeks,
perhaps more often if the activity is fast and furious.

During the whole W1AW/90 operation, which extends through the rest of this
year, I plan to put the station on the air in every digital mode available to
me. I usually operate during my lunch break here at HQ, which falls somewhere
between 1500 and 1700 UTC.

We have one of the new ICOM IC-7800 transceivers that we are evaluating and I
hope to put it on the air from the station with the W1AW/90 call sign during
the Volta RTTY competition next month. It would be interesting to see how it
holds up in a contest environment.

Of course, you can expect to hear W1AW/90 on the air at other times as other
staffers and guests get their opportunities to operate.

73 . . . Steve, WB8IMY