Re: [RTTY] USB Rig Interface

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] USB Rig Interface
From: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:27:42 -0500
On 10/10/05 9:37 AM, "rtty-request@contesting.com"
<rtty-request@contesting.com> wrote:

> At 06:29 AM 10/10/2005, Dick Kriss, AA5VU wrote:
>
>> Rigs with USB ports will happen right after the US auto manufacturers
>> deliver cars with radios that will tune to NOAA Weather Radio frequencies.

> Right on both counts. NOAA car radios have been available for at
> least a decade, the IC-7800 with USB capability is available now.
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT

Looks like the answer is if you are willing to pay out big bucks, you can
get a USB rig interface.  The Mercedes and BMW's have been able  to tune
NOAA weather for years.  I think the NOAA frequencies are still blocked by
the big three US manufactures. Anybody have a US auto radio that will tune
the NOAA WX frequencies?

I have to use an HT or the Kenwood TS-733 Dual-bander to get NOAA radio in
the C5 Corvette - radio by GM/Delco.

73, Dick AA5VU