Re: [RTTY] Getting tqsl to sign Cabrillo files

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Getting tqsl to sign Cabrillo files
From: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 11:31:02 -0600
> Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:47:24 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] Getting tqsl to sign Cabrillo files
>
> "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> "You are not alone.  I had all kinds of problems until I learned the tsql
> would  not let me sign a Cabrillo file."
>
> This is why I only upload ADIF, not Cabrillo, to LoTW.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C

My logs are saved in Cabrillo format and I do not have a converter utility.
There is no problem signing or uploading a Cabrillo file to LoTW but you
have to follow the rules. The tqsl application will not let you sign a file
that cannot be read by LoTW.  One of common issues are logs containing
contest names that are not recognized by LoTW. For example, my tqsl
application did not recognize XE-RTTY as a valid contest.  I had to go into
the tqsl Preferences and define the XE-RTTY and the Cabrillo field for the
call sign - it was "8" for the XE-RTTY contest.  I was then was able to sign
my .log file with the .tq8 sufix and that file was accepted by LoTW.

Try it... you may like it.

73, Dick AA5VU