Re: [RTTY] How about a 160m RTTY High Speed Sprint?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] How about a 160m RTTY High Speed Sprint?
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 00:14:08 -0600
After sleeping on my 5-day event idea, I agree that it sucks... So I've
scratched that...

On the other hand, I think two hours is a little too short... If the contest
was for 4 hours, you can get some momentum going... And you don't loose a huge
percent of your time if you have a false start.

Also, I'm backing away from the idea of 75 baud / 100 wpm for a 160m only
contest. I think standard speed would eliminate any confusion. I have been
thinking about rekindling the old High Speed Sprint on the upper bands.

But I'm starting to warm up to your suggestion of being able to rework stations.

I propose the rules allow stations to rework each other within each 1-hour
segment... That means everyone would be "fresh meat" beginning at the top of
the hour... I can't think of any issue other than the software screaming DUPE
at you... But you could setup a new log for each hour to get around this.

Any more ideas? Saturday, Sunday, weekday?

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 10