[RTTY] $$$$$$ Collector

To: "SP7CDG" <sp7cdg@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: [RTTY] $$$$$$ Collector
From: "Steve and Judy" <hodgson@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:15:14 +0200
OM,

This is my reply to the offensive posting that you made about me on the
cluster network.
It would be appreciated if you could  get your facts right before making any
further postings.

The true facts are as follows.

Any DX station who replies to all of the direct cards that he receives whether
they contain postage or just an sae  {self addressed envelope} - DOES NOT MAKE
MONEY.

A 1st class stamp to Europe from here costs  CY 0.31 cents. {20gr}
A 1st class stamp to Rest of the World  costs  CY 0.41 cents. {20gr}
1 $ can be exchanged for CY 0.42 cents on average.
1 IRC can be exchanged for 1 1st class stamp.
1000 QSL Cards cost  45 pounds or 90$
Envelopes if not sent cost around 5 cents each.
Time spent replying - 4 to 6 hours per week.
I have to date sent out around 7000 cards

Personally:-

I like to receive cards.

I reply within a week of receiving a direct card.

I reply to all requests that contain postage with or without an sae.

I reply to all requests that only contain a sae if I  think that the sender
would have difficulty in obtaining  the postage.

I do not reply to requests that only contain a card. {That is -  no postage or
sae}

A Bureau is not easily accessible therefore I do not use a Bureau.
Also I have found from experience that  Direct Only concentrates the mind of
the sender
as he has to pay the return postage. This cuts down on numerous requests for
same
band same time same mode etc.

I do not reply to bulk requests from Clubs or Managers for more than 10 cards
and only
then if they contain the correct postage.

I do return to the sender any cash that he may have sent in error, eg.
5$/10$/20$ bills
instead of  a 1$ bill, this does happen occasionally.

If you require anything other than a straightforward QSL Card, skeds etc. Just
let
me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.

IRC's

My Post Office will not accept the smaller IRC's.

The current IRC's dated  31/12/2005 will be valueless after this date, so
please do not
send them.

I hope that this helps you and maybe others to understand my situation.

73  Steve,  ZC4Li, ZD8Lii, G0Lii, 5B4AHA, C4C, G5G to G8G  etc.