Re: [RTTY] Latest computers advice please

To: peter jackson <peter.jackson17@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Latest computers advice please
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 02:58:34 +0000
peter jackson wrote:

Hi, I am about to pension off my old Pentium 300Mz computer and
purchase one of the faster machines. Is there any problem running
programs like Writelog, SD etc on these fast computers?

Peter, you might try a Gigabyte K8 Triton. Uses an AMD Athelon ( mine
is 3400 gb )2 Onboard serial ports, 1 LPT, 5 PCI slots, IDE or SATA
interface ( mine has SATA )

Very reasonably priced for all components, and the thing is a real
"screamer". I couldn't believe the difference that SATA drive made.

73
Ed