Re: [RTTY] Getting back into RTTY

Subject: Re: [RTTY] Getting back into RTTY
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:20:36 -0500
Rick gives an good rundown, but I have to disagree with one of his assessments.
 I find MMTTY consistently better overall than the
HAL DXP-38, although the DXP-38 does have an advantage of a wider "front end"
filter.  When S&P and tuning upon a RTTY signal, the
HAL will decode the signal before MMTTY does.  Perhaps MMTTY can be adjusted to
do this, but I've not had success in doing it.
Using MMTTY and the DXP-38 in a dual receive configuration is a killer
combination.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com