[RTTY] CQ WW Exchange 2

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] CQ WW Exchange 2
From: Roger Cooke <g3ldi@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:19:11 +0000 (GMT)
Hi.

  I don't seem to be on my own here judging by the comments I have seen. I am
quite content when I receive a TU. Normally that ends the QSO when the station
issuing the TU is in S&P. However, if I am still unsure of his call and THEN
ask for a repeat, I find no response. I had a few QSO's with a different call
sign each time and no effort to confirm with two or even possibly three calls
just to make sure. In the QRM that the CQWW produces, it is understandable that
room is at a premium! Despite having the 250Hz filter and the Timewave in as
well, overlaps happen and copy goes pearshaped.

   I think all we need is less haste and more speed and more importantly, more
accuracy.

   I also wish that participating stations, once QSL'ed would not repeat for
every year. I don't quite see the point, although out of courtesy, I always
reply, albeit normally somewhat late! :-)

   Thanks for all your views. I do think it about time that RTTY contest
organisers evolved a new/different exchange however. The ROPOCO is a good one
for maintaining accuracy, but that's CW.  It would make a good evening debate
at the Club.

  DIdn't put in a serious effort this year as I had too much work to do so had
my fill in bursts, did manage a nice run of JA's and a KH6 on 20 and also a
nice run of USA stations so thanks for the points, and hope I helped you too.

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.