[RTTY] USB to Serial Convertors

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] USB to Serial Convertors
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:42:05 -0500
A recent thread brought up the fact that some USB to Serial converters do not
support the 45 Baud required to do RTTY.  This is my case. I am presently using
a USB to Serial converter and must use ExFSK to key my Rascal.  Using MMTTY
direct has not shown any problems BUT (you knew that was coming) some programs
that use the MMTTY engine do not offer the option of invoking ExFSK.

So the question: Is anyone aware of a list of USB to Serial converters that DO
support 45 Baud? Or failing that, what in the specification for the converters
that I can look at to insure that the converter I am buying will do 45 Baud?

Clint - W5CPT