Re: [RTTY] MMTTY AFC Bug

To: "Don AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, "Rick Ellison" <rellison@twcny.rr.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY AFC Bug
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 00:31:14 -0500
>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: Don AA5AU [mailto:aa5au@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2011 11:17 PM
To: Dave AA6YQ; Rick Ellison; rtty@contesting.com

I'm wondering what profile people were using when the AFC was turning off.
I didn't notice this until Sunday when I switched from FIR to the AA6YQ 512
profile and found that it works wonderfully for copying weak signals while
running 15 meters to EU.

>>>Were you using this profile with the new Dual Peak Filter also enabled?

I decided to run it on both radios for most of the day and on several
occasions heard a signal, but got got no print because AFC was off (I
think).  At the times it happened, I chalked it up to the new profile.  I
was "thinking" that it was the nature of the 512 profile that if you aren't
tuned right on the signal or if the signal is too far off that AFC couldn't
tune it fast enough that it won't print.  I was working so hard at making
contacts that I didn't actually put 2 and 2 together that AFC was turning
itself off.

On Saturday, using FIR profile, I did not have this problem.  I did
eventually go back to the FIR profile later Sunday and didn't have the
problem.

With the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog, there is an option to turn AFC OFF
while there is a callsign in the Entry Window.  I checked to make sure this
option was not checked and it was not.  I even enabled it thinking it might
help when using the 512 profile, but it didn't work.  AFC stayed on even if
there was a call in the Entry Window.

>>>More than enough smoke has been reported here to warrant looking for the
fire. At the moment, I'm in the middle of a DXLab project; I'll dive into
the MMTTY code when the DXLab work is complete -- unless Mako-san JE3HHT
beats me to it.

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ