Re: [RTTY] DXCC

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DXCC
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 00:49:49 -0500
"The ARRL should be increasing the scope of their awards, not shrinking it."

They are doing neither. They are simply renaming the award to embrace
all digital communications. As a prolific operator of PSK31, I have
worked DXCC on that mode. I certainly don't want "RTTY DXCC" printed on
my certificate. I didn't work those 100+ stations on RTTY.

That said, I agree there could be an opportunity for the ARRL to
generate "Awards Revenue" if they expanded the existing award system.
But that's a different cost/benefit decision they need to make. THAT
would be the question to ask the directors, whether anyone has been
assigned the task to investigate it and create a report.

Don't waste the ARRL's time by arguing about the placement of ink dots
on a certificate that has no relevance to reality.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN