Re: [RTTY] Need a better strategy

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Need a better strategy
From: "G. E. Janssens - K5WW" <k5ww@live.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 22:33:54 -0500
My 100W and little wire (and myself!) would be very happy if some sort of QRM
fighting routine could be invented, yes.

But I'm afraid your first suggestion would make things even worse, Bill. There
have already been numerous complaints from people who're in the middle of a
QSO, then the DX shows up, and all of a sudden their QSO gets obliterated
because the callers don't care if the frequency is in use or not; they just
want that DX. I wouldn't be surprised of some of those unfortunate people,
after getting their QSO ruined, turn out to be some of the jammers.

If the DX would start moving around without taking the time to make darn sure a
frequency is in use or not and they then start stepping on QSOs left and right
... that would only lead to more jamming, I'm afraid.

I don't have the solution either; but some kind of strategy is certainly worth
thinking about.

73,

Erik - K5WW