Re: [RTTY] Need a better strategy

To: RTTYReflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Need a better strategy
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 22:23:35 -0700 (PDT)
You know, that's not a bad idea.
The DX calls CQ on one frequency, 14080, but says he will answer you on your
frequency (but NOT this one). He would hop around working stations on their
frequency simplex until the pileup thins out, then call CQ on 14080 again. He
could announce an area limitation.

Is there a Q signal for that? How about QYF meaning I will answer on your
frequency?

Like:  CQ NA CQ NA QYF QYF K

When he goes QRT he would announce that too of course.

I need to think this through some more but I think I like it.  :-)

73, Bill W6WRT

> From: Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com>

When I worked Bouvet several decades ago on CW, the operator never called CQ