Re: [RTTY] 10m WAS

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 10m WAS
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:19:45 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:36:40 -0500, Eric wrote:

>This past weekend I was working stations in the WAE contest.  Like many of
>you may have noticed the bands "open" during a contest which to me
>thinking.  Why can't we have a weekend a year for a WAS contest.  We could
>choose bands (like 10, 20, 40, and 80) to use.  Give points for contacts.
>Exchange RST + State.

REPLY:
There is already a 10 meter digital contest scheduled for December 2nd. How
about adding 160 meters to it and calling it the HI-Lo Digital Contest? A person
could enter either 10m only, 160m only or mixed.

A great chance to WAS on two bands. 160m WAS is especially difficult. To the
best of my knowledge, only one person has done it, using JT65. Who will be first
on RTTY or other digital modes?

Does anyone else claim WAS on 160 digital?

73, Bill W6WRT