Re: [RTTY] Dash vs. space

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dash vs. space
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 15:59:46 -0600
Please consider that many Logging programs are in use during a contest.

Not all software will auto-capture the number when dashes are used. It looks
at the entire stream as one number.
In these cases, the use of spaces are preferred and correct capture is
virtually assured.

The use of dashes result in the operator having to manually entering the
numbers, slowing down the exchange process.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP