Re: [RTTY] Soundcard Interface shootout?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Soundcard Interface shootout?
From: Tim Richardson <groupsrichart@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 20:37:15 -0400
Comparing sound card interfaces is sort of like taste testing the different varieties of apples. A great interface for one ham might be a piece of junk to another. I read all the reviews on eHam.net and the few product reviews that were published in QST. After spending hours comparing units and features, I finally just built a simple interface using transformers and optoisolators and used it with the built in sound card on my computer. The performance was not quite up to what I expected so I installed a cheap $10 sound card I had in the junk box and it worked better. I finally plugged it into a $40 USB sound card and have never looked back. It does all I need it to do decoding RTTY and will key my rig with FSK. I sometimes run some of the other digital modes with it as well.

Tim KM4GA

-----Original Message----- From: Peter Laws