Re: [RTTY] Midwest Black Hole

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Midwest Black Hole
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 23:51:25 -0400
I have been following the threads on this subject. I have lived in Michigan all my ham radio life. My station currently is pretty spartan. I have a Kenwood TS-480sat running 100 watts feeding a Alpha Delta DX-CC multiband dipole that covers 80-10 meters up at 30 feet.

Right now my biggest problem is rate.

NAQP RTTY 2017 I operated 10 hours and only made 169 contacts. That is a rate of 16.9 per hour which is 3.55 minutes between each contact. I have no idea why this is. Maybe it is my brain that is not functioning well. I have been sick a lot in the past few years.

I do not feel I can compete with anyone any more. It's just not fun.

Anyway no contesting for me until Fall. I need the time to get my head around contesting again. Maybe I never will.

73

Thom KI8W