SD-User

Re: [SD-User] What is VQ5

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] What is VQ5
From: "Dave Sergeant" <dave@davesergeant.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:47:33 +0100
On 31 May 2004 at 7:20, Sidney Will wrote:

> I worked VQ5V on three bands in the WPX contest at the weekend.
> Anyone know what country it is - It might be worth more than the 1
> point SD allocated. 73  de   Sid  GM4SID sidwill@lineone.net

>From last week's ARRL DX news:

>TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS, VP5.  David, W5AO and Kirk, K4RO will be
>QRV as VP5/W5AO and VP5/K4RO, respectively, until June 1.  QSL to
>home calls.  They will also participate in the CQ WPX CW contest as
>VQ5V.  QSL the contest call via the Oklahoma DXA.

You must have an old dxcc.cty list as mine identified it correctly
and gave the correct 3 points. I am using the version which came with
10.15 (and being a DOS man that is the version I am stuck with!). I
guess you worked them on 40 as well! I only managed 20 and 15.

Somewhat bleary eyed this morning! Entered WPX as QRP and ended up
with 880 QSOs, 400 mults, 627k points. Great fun and no real problems
with SD (though the multiplier check window didn't always tell the
truth!).

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com