SD-User

[SD-User] RDA contest

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] RDA contest
From: "Reg Unsworth" <reg.unsworth@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:17:00 -0000
I also had a play at RDA yesterday and noticed a couple of things.

First, after a while it stopped logging the districts on screen although it
seemed to continue to score OK.  I presume this is something to do with the 200
limit.  I hadn't actually worked 200 districts at that point but maybe adding
them to the existing list in the .mlt file took it up to its limit?  It only
happened to new multipliers.

Second, after the end of the contest I quit the program.  However, when I
restarted it to do sdcheck etc to see how the "missing" districts had been
logged, the program exited after attempting to load the data for the contest.
This happened on normal opening of the program for RDA and subsequently when I
opened sdcheck through clicking on the exe file in Windows explorer.  Doing it
this way it comes up with the message "error loading QSO 193.  Length should be
54" when it is "calculating totals" and it then exits.  The program is working
normally as I subsequently set up a dummy contest.  Examining the files, I
can't see anything particularly wrong with QSO 193 - although another earlier
contact seems to have it's data not in line.  However the missing districts,
although scored, are not listed in the files.  Fortunately I did an old
fashioned manuscript copy of them.

Is this linked to the fact that I didn't know about Paul's email about the
contest set up until after the contest?  I set it up as type 4 and created its
own RDA.cty file by #ing out everything except the countries that counted Ua1,
Ua2 etc.

Regards from an obvious SD newbie.

Reg G3WPF