SD-User

Re: [SD-User] (no subject)

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] (no subject)
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 23:48:06 +0000
On 12/11/2016 14:19, Asbjørn Holand wrote:
And i can't increase the size of the default window,. I red the manual, i
click on the SD icon, but what you describe in the manual does not appear.
I can make it larger, the whole screen gets blue, but the letters are still
to small to be used.

This should work - from the release notes for V18.32
in the HISTORY.DOC file.

SD in Windows 10.
    Here are the recommended "Properties" settings
    for SD in Windows 10. These settings minimise or
    eliminate display errors when moving or re-sizing
    SD's window.

    While it is possible to access "Properties" when
    SD is running, the recommended option is to do
    this from SD's desktop startup icon - right-click
    on the icon and select Properties (the last item
    on the list).

    The only tabs of interest are Options, Layout
    and Font - in that sequence.

    You need to do this once only - for both SD and
    SDCHECK.

    OPTIONS Tab:
       IMPORTANT! Follow this sequence -

       Use legacy console - Yes (selected)

       Cursor Size     - May be ignored

       Command History - May be ignored

       Edit options
         Quick Edit    - No (unselected)
         Insert Mode   - NO (unselected)

       Text Selection  - all unselected

    LAYOUT Tab:
       Screen Buffer Size
         Width  - 82
         Height - 27

       Window Size
         Width  - 82
         Height - 27

       Window Position
         Let system position window - No (unselected)
         Left  - 0
         Right - 0

     FONT Tab
       Font
         DO NOT select Raster Fonts!
         For a "widescreen" laptop or monitor, select Lucida Console
         For a non-widescreen monitor, select Consolas

       Bold fonts
         Select if preferred

       Size
         Select the largest font size that fits SD's window
         to your screen, or smaller if preferred.

73,
Paul EI5DI