SD-User

[SD-User] Yaesu FT-100 CAT with SD

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] Yaesu FT-100 CAT with SD
From: "Allan G Duncan" <allan.duncan@allanduncan.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 16:00:49 +0100
I am having issues with SD V20.10 while connected to my Yaesu FT-100 (it is
a backup radio for me). I had not tried this transceiver on previous
versions, so I am unsure if it is a new problem.

Radio is connected to COM3 using a USB/Serial adapter with FTDI chipset.
This cable and comport allocation works OK on my K3 with SD.

It will initially read the radio frequency OK (say 3522 KHz). Changing band
with either SD or on the radio itself - it will go to strange frequencies -
note that the FT-100 covers 1.8MHz to 440MHz.

Typing "28025" into the call field puts the radio on 280.250MHz. Typing
"14195" puts the radio on 141.950MHz. Typing "15M" puts the radio on
212.100MHz.

Unfortunately, this makes the FT-100 in combination with SD only usable in a
single band contest.

Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Regards,

Allan

GM4ZUK